Questions & AnswersBrowse Other Topics

• Spiritual Teachings

Posted by Kerri Felmlee on January 12, 2024 at 10:22 am

(I’m not sure if I’m posting this in the right spot. If not, if someone could help direct me to correct place.)

I’ve been following David and Corey for years and am so thankful for their work! I was raised Catholic but have since left the church and am studying the Law of One as a personal journey of growth. My husband/I are about to start a family and I’m trying to think through the best way to aid my future Children’s spiritual development.

Do Corey or David have any words of wisdom or thoughts on how they’ve approached this? Any like-minded groups within this community or interactive materials that could help?

Thank you for all the love, light and work this community has contributed to all our lives … and a huge thank you to both Corey and David for the bravery it’s taken for them to step forward to bring this information to our world!

Layla Starling replied 3 months, 2 weeks ago 4 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Elma

January 12, 2024 at 11:46 am

From a Mother to a future Mother, i would map Mother/Father triggers, past traumas etc so to transfer alittle as possible upon the children.. I can highly recommend the work of Dr Gabor Mate. Also i would think thru, plan and research in advance which people and circumstances and to what degree will be in the life of the children, especially such as kindergarten, school, neighbourhood. Recommend either Waldorf school or home schooling if the social needs are met. Not only the parents but the enviroment of which the child is brought up has a huge impact. I have moved several times, changed schools, fought with teachers and the system and changed circle of “friends” /schoolmates/network just to find the best alternatives i could possible give my children. My youngest daughter struggeled with anxiety and bullying in kindergarten, after several meetings, applying and with some help from a child psyciatrist she got a personal helper that would support her in kindergarten but it didn’t really make her thrive that much more. So we moved and she began in Waldorf kindergarten and literarly she changed over night. The setting, the smaller groups, the calmness, energy, structure, stability, organic food that *they* helped making, the woods they played in, the colorful arcitecture all helped her i think. The emplyoes could not understand how she ever needed assistance. Also i believe in the huge benefits of breastfeeding (for years) and mother cosleeping with the child. I had a crib that i could stuck unto our bed on my side. Babies should never lie and cry for themself. And of course its the nutrition part. Everything forms and shape the child either supporting their development and giving them skills to handle the worlds challenges when they grow up or hindering it.

Wish you all the best 💓

• Kerri Felmlee

January 13, 2024 at 5:12 pm

Thank you so much for sharing your wisdom and experience. This is very practical. I will absolutely lookup Dr Mate and Waldorf schools to consider. We’re currently considering home schooling as well but I do want them to have normal socialization as well. That may be the happy medium.

How did you go about building your child’s spiritual foundation other then trying to prevent others’ trauma from inhibiting or shaping their growth?

Love and light!

• Elma

January 14, 2024 at 3:24 am

I have introduced different spiritual esoteric holistic themes gradually depending on the maturity and “the right time”. My two girls wore different growing up so i had to approuch accordingly. But one common catalysator which is better the earlier you start, is bringing them into NATURE and teach them of respect for nature. Children naturally have such fascination for shells, rocks, feathers, insects, animals, flowers, eadable things in nature etc, so i would share their fascination, confirm how magical it all is and i am 100% sure that has contributed alot in why my girls became “holistic thinkers” with regards for all life, see a deeper meaning, see humans as a part of Creation, their love and respect for animals and the enviroment, all the humility and empathy they show. People tell me i have the kindest girls! They tell their friends to not throw rubbish on the ground, they enjoy hiking and healthy activities. My teenage daughter has a goal every day to stay alittle as possible on her cellphone, not more than approx 30 minutes of chatting with friends. She prefer being social in real life and/or be outdoor. Every spring/summer we go camping, my girls invite friends, we make bonfire, we swim in lakes or the ocean, we stay up and watch the stars, we talk about the wonders and mysteries of the universe. They feel HOME in nature, which i believe helps them to get to know thyself. Generally assist them on a healthier path in life.

We started to talk about God/Force/Love early on. I taught them about Earths different religions and philosophies, not choosing one over another and how we are never to tell another what is right for each have their own path. However antroposophy (Rudolf Steiner /Waldorf teachings) and believing in the Love of Jesus has become central for us. It has been helpfull in dark circumstances of our lives.

As the child grow there are more and more room for discussions about these matters, we have been talking alot and i have answered as best i can but also stating we can basicly not know anything but we can have faith and we can research and learn as long as we live. My teenage girl watch Ancient Aliens and want to become a researcher/arceologist 😁

Meditating together is also great! Start simple. I would play mindfullness cd’s for my girls. As my aunt taught me about meditation, crystals, aura, chakras, energies, past lives, entities, colours, dreams etc, so am i passing it on to my girls. Of course the alien matter can be scary so i am still keeping many of the stories i’ve heard to myself..

We often start the day by talking about dreams, a nicer way to wake up to, getting a question about what you dreamt! Also its good to learn to remember dreams and what they may mean.

Hope that was helpful,

Much 💓

• This reply was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by  Elma Jakobsen.
    • This reply was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by  Elma Jakobsen.
  • Layla Starling

January 14, 2024 at 8:21 pm

This question ties into the homeschooling comment… There are about 40 differnent ways to teach, guide, lead… your children with reguard to spritual development. Government schools is only 1 of them. Here is a list… What type spiritual development teaching method works best with your philosophies (I hope they fixed this quiz I linked) this will narrow down which teaching method will likely work best for you. If the quiz doesn’t work here are the major teaching methods. BTW after 22 years homeschooling and government schooling in 3 states I can state with conviction that the opposite is true… government schools don’t allow positive or productive socialization… kids learn positive social skills homeschooling if you join 1 or 2 of 100 homeschool groups in your area.

Quiz to quickly see which teaching method aligns with your philosophy.

http://eclectic-homeschool.com/homeschool-philosophies-quiz/comment-page-4/?unapproved=92836&moderation-hash=661fb50ec3dcf205d0ffe685f45198f3#comment-92836

There is a really good book that I can’t remember the name of right now that talks about all the differnt ways to teach your child what you want to teach them. Some are listed below…

Different Teaching Mothods

Teaching/Educating is a love of mine. There is more information on my blog about schooling and educating a Starseed child. Here is the link to that page…

https://archwellcommunity.blogspot.com/2022/10/multiple-family-multiple-generational.html

(you will need to scroll down a bit)

• Kerri Felmlee

January 13, 2024 at 5:14 pm

Thank you for sharing this! I have heard this from a few people and agree a psychiatrist isn’t a solution. Do you have any suggestions for helping them through such an experience?

Love and light!