• Get The Latest Releases & Information

• Bettina

March 21, 2022 at 8:22 pm

Dear Shaun,

concerning your question about the situation with the person who had a stroke: The best advice I can give you from own experience is for you to fully understand, that the anger and frustration of that person has absolutely nothing to do with you at all. It is not because you make mistakes or are not good enough. That person is low in energy and not feeling well. That is the reason he or she is so rude. It is her / his decision to behave that way. Or she / he is not able to do better. If you were somebody else it would make no difference. That person will remain rude. It has nothing to do with you. If you are able to totally disconnect emotionally from her or his behaviour, because you KNOW you are not the cause of her / his anger, then you will feel better. If this person is your mother or father it may be more difficult. Because in the presence of a parent or both everybody slips back into the role of the child, that never can win against the arguments of the parents. But you too decide how you respond to any situation. That is the free will you have in any given situation.

See it as a kind of resistance training that is there to strengthen you. That is – in my opinion – the very reason we experience uncomfortable times at all. It all happens for us to learn and improve.

I wish you all the best!

BB